We’ve been closely monitoring Government health advice relating to the spread of coronavirus. Our team will continue to follow Government recommendations – with the aim of reducing the risk of passing the virus between our customers and our tradespeople.
We’re continuing to book jobs for customers who are self-isolating so that people aren’t left without essential services.
We send regular COVID-19 updates to our workforce. They’re well informed about symptoms as well as the general hygiene measures and social distancing.
All our tradespeople have been told they must confirm they are feeling well and haven’t experienced any symptoms of COVID-19. They do this first thing in the morning on a daily basis.
General hygiene measures
All of our workforce have been asked to follow the WHO’s standard infection control measures:
- Frequently cleaning hands using alcohol-based hand sanitiser or soap and water
- When coughing or sneezing to cover the mouth and nose with a tissue or flexed elbow, then to dispose of the tissue immediately before washing hands
- Avoiding close contact with anyone who has a fever and cough
- To contact NHS 111 and seek medical care early if a fever, cough or breathing difficulty occurs
- Avoid touching your face, especially eyes, nose and mouth
PPE & hygiene supplies
We’re providing bottles of hand sanitiser to our tradespeople and asking them to clean their hands thoroughly when they enter or leave a customer’s property.
Our tradespeople are equipped with full personal protective equipment (PPE). In line with Government advice we’re not asking our tradespeople to wear them unless : –
- A person in the property has any symptoms of COVID-19
- A person in the property is in the “at risk” group i.e. over 70 or with underlying health issues
- A customer requests our tradesperson wears PPE
We’ve issued guidelines provided by Public Health England for how our staff should put on and remove their PPE before disposing of it. Sanitiser fluid has also been issued so tradespeople can clean equipment they take into a property.
What we need from our customers
We kindly ask our customers – at this time – when booking a job to inform us if anyone in the property is in isolation, has symptoms, or has been diagnosed with COVID-19.